Why we love it
Backcountry skiing in Vallée Blanche on the most famous slopes in the world
Experience the thrill of riding non-stop down 2000m of fresh snow
Benefit from the advice of your guide and learn the techniques of backcountry skiing
The Vallée Blanche is the most famous backcountry slope in the world; it is 20km in length and has an incredible difference in altitude of over 2,000 metres.
- You’ll meet the guide at 8am at the bottom of the Aiguille du Midi cable cars
- When you’re at the top, he will equip you with the necessary gear
- Once you’re prepared, you will start your fantastic excursion with a descent on foot at an altitude of 3,777 metres!
- At the end of your wonderful adventure, you’ll arrive at Mer de Glace, where you’ll have a 20 minute walk to get back.
What are you waiting for? Get a taste of this exhilarating sport at an indescribable spot!
Full day excursion
Key detailsMeeting point: At the bottom of the Aiguille du Midi cable cars (view location on map)Sport level: IntermediateFitness level: SportyMax people: 6Minimum Age: 14
· Depending on the climate conditions, the starting point can be changed as well as the number of participants (extending to up to 8 people)
· The route can change depending on if the participants are snowboarders or skiers.
· It is preferable to use skis due to the constant change of surface.
· Each person must bring a ski or snowboard backpack and proper footwear, as you’ll be walking for 20 minutes.
Do not forget to bring
Hide details Included
- Backpack for skis or snowboard
- Snacks and drinks
- Warm clothes and gloves
- Ski mask
- Avalanche transceiver
- First-aid kit
- Two security sets