- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesPortuguese, English, Spanish
- Duration1 half day
- Opening seasons:
Explore the fascinating underwater world in Porto da Barra with a guided scuba dive, enabling you to visit secret spots that tourists rarely get to see!
Visit some of the best scuba diving spots of the area with an expert guide. You'll be taken out to the sites by boat and will enjoy a delicious picnic of a locally prepared lunch at one of the spectacular spots.
Porto da Barra has an abundant underwater world with a large variety of spots just waiting to be discovered by you!
The Germania: (first ship wreck found on site) was a steam boat with iron hull that came from Europe when it suddenly capsized. Entering the Bay of All Saints, it hit the tip of the reef from Farol da Barra eventually running aground at 500 metres from the lighthouse and at a distance of just over 100 metres from the shore of Bar.
Blackadder: this wreck can be found in clean and calm waters with a maximum depth of 10 metres. This spot can be easily accessed from the beach for those of you who don't want to take a boat ride.
Cavo Artemidi: can be found at a depth of 31 metres. This is a fairly dangerous wreck as the entrance points are are limited due to structure damage over the years.
Cap Frio: can be found at a depth of 13 metres. It sank on 3 August in 1908, after a failed rescue attempt. Many passengers and valuable cargo (coffee, chocolate and tobacco) was sadly buried along with the ship.
You can also visit:
- Ho-Mei No.3
- Galeão Sacramento
- Vapor da Jequitaia
- Rebocador do Rio Vermelho
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- After boarding you will have a 20 minute briefing, followed by a quick training session in the water
- Then you're off for a 40 minute dive around the wrecks - while diving, your instructor will be taking photos that you can take away as a souvenir
- After your scuba dive you will be given a snack on board the boat
All participants must have an Open Water Level 1 certification or equivalent.Special terms
Please note you are not allowed to fly for up to 24 hours after your last dive.
- All necessary scuba diving gear
- Picnic lunch
- Bottled water