Embark on a unique winter experience on the St. Lawrence River in Quebec City and take advantage of the spa to relax after the initiation to ice canoeing.
After the effort, the ... Comfort! The Canot à Glace Experience team invites you to embark on a unique winter experience on the St. Lawrence River in Quebec before relaxing in a spa with friends or family.
After suit up in your equipment, guides will teach you basic techniques as well as safety instructions. Then, you will embark by 5 canoers for a sensational and cultural discovery of this unique sport in the world. During your initiation, you will have the opportunity to try both the oars and the crampons. Around halway, you will take a break for a hot chocolate and a few photos, before setting off again. After more or less two hours of navigation, you will return to the mainland and you will warm up. You can also retrieve the photos and videos that the guides were taken during your initiation to the ice canoe.
After the effort, you will have the opportunity to find comfort in the Strøm Spa Nordique, located in Old Quebec. You will be able to live a thermal experience in the continuity of this unique day, by enjoying whirlpools, Finnish saunas or an eucalyptus steam bath. For more tranquility and comfort, the spa is only accessible to people older than 16.
The Canoe à Glace Experience team is waiting from you to discover this unique sport which requires team effort and cohesion ... but don't worry, after physical efforts, you will relax in this magnificent spa.
- Specialized equipment : neoprene socks and boots, crampons, leg protectors, life jackets, and fitted mittens.
- Guided outing on the river that varies between 60 and 90 minutes.
- A hot snack: at the mid-point on the river, the boat stops on the ice for some delicious (and well-deserved) hot chocolate and pastries.
- Photos et videos : Our guides are equipped with GoPro cameras and love using them. We’ll share your photos and videos with you after your outing.
- Spa package is given at the Ice Canoe Experience reception : you can enjoy after the canoe initiation, or during your stay at Quebec.
How to dress up (NON INCLUDED CLOTHING) :
- technical base layer, mid-layer technical sweater, light winter coat (protect from the wind and keep you cozy and warm)
- 2 pairs of socks, legging and mid-layer technical pants (protect from the wind and keep you warm)
- a tuque or a neck warmer designed for outdoor physical activity, mittens
Do not forget to bring other clothes to dry out after the activity