Discover a unique winter experience in an ice canoe on the St. Lawrence River in Quebec.
Located in Anse au Foulon, in Quebec, the Canoe à Glace Experience team will welcome you and accompany you during this unique experience. Our guides will present you the ice canoe’s historical role in maritime transportation on the Saint-Lawrence River.
Before the adventure is going on, you will suit up in your specialized equipment and, finally, our guides teach you the basic techniques and go over safety instructions. Then, you will embark by 5 canoers for an initiation with full of sensations. According to current weather conditions and tides, the route will be adapt. As a canoer, you will have the opportunity to try both the oars and the crampons.
You will take a break around half way, where you can put your feet on the ice and walk on it, sip a hot chocolate. It’s also an opportunity to take some photos of the incredible breathtaking panorama, because you will be alone on the river that will set off a feeling of freedom. After more or less two hours of initiation, you will return to the mainland so you can warm up.
Guides will share videos and photos taken along the way.
Do not wait any longer to embark on this unique experience in the world where collective experience and safety are the masterwords!
- Specialized equipment : neoprene socks and boots, crampons, leg protectors, life jackets, and fitted mittens.
- Guided outing on the river that varies between 60 and 90 minutes.
- A hot snack: at the mid-point on the river, the boat stops on the ice for some delicious (and well-deserved) hot chocolate and pastries.
- Photos et videos : Our guides are equipped with GoPro cameras and love using them. We’ll share your photos and videos with you after your outing.
How to dress up (NON INCLUDED CLOTHING) :
- technical base layer, mid-layer technical sweater, light winter coat (protect from the wind and keep you cozy and warm)
- 2 pairs of socks, legging and mid-layer technical pants (protect from the wind and keep you warm)
- a tuque or a neck warmer designed for outdoor physical activity, mittens
Do not forget to bring other clothes to dry out after the activity