Discover this fascinating canyoning adventure in the middle of the nature and enjoy its unique trails. Explore desolate places and get to know the unknown face of this island, led by a team of certified experts.
Canyoning is one of the best activities and one of the most popular attractions of the Canaries. Canyoning consists of descending ravines or canyons, as you follow the water flow. You'll explore your surroundings by executing different types of exercises: walking, jumping, abseiling, swimming and most of all enjoying!
You'll start at the highest peak of the ravine of Barranco de los Cernícalos, where you'll be equipped with a wetsuit and a helmet. You'll also be provided with food and a dry cloth in a waterproof bag.
Diving into the into the forest you'll continue down the ravine along the river bed. The forest is full of waterfalls, jumps from different height and natural slides!
Barranco de los Cernícalos
The Barranco de Los Cernícalos is one of the two enclaves of the island of Gran Canaria that has water running all year round. It is a stream that increases its flow after the rains, acquiring a more colourful character thanks to the different waterfalls that can be found onsite.
The jumps are not particularly high, but are a great plus for the activity given the closed and narrow character of the ravine.
The meeting point is located in Telde, less than 20 minutes away from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. If you're staying in Maspalomas, it will take you about 25 minutes to reach it.
No prior experience is required - What are you waiting for?
- You'll be picked up at the meeting point and taken to Barranco de Los Cernícalos, where you'll be provided with the necessary canyoning equipment
- The activity will start at the highest peak of the ravine
- During the activity, you'll go through the laurel forest and will come across rivers, waterfalls, natural slides and jumps from different heights
- You'll break for a snack of fruit, a chocolate bar, cookies and water during the excursion
- Once you've finished, you'll be dropped back at the initial meeting point