- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesSpanish, English
- Duration4 hrs
If you love nature, adventure sports or simply want to try out something new but have never had the chance, sign up now for this beginner’s sport climbing lesson.
Learn all you need to know and enjoy taking your first vertical steps! Test yourself and discover the climber in you. Enjoy escaping to a natural rock setting and learn basic climbing notions.
Climbing has never been so easy.
Examples of rack faces you may climb:
Fátaga: 20 minute drive from Maspalomas
This is a two star crag that can be climbed in gentle rain. However, please note it can get very hot during summer; experts often recommend venturing out after 6pm if it’s a sunny day. Groups are limited to 8 people maximum, giving you a chance to share your experience with others.
Most sectors face east and are exposed to direct sunlight all morning. You won’t need more than 60 metres of rope. Although there is rock fall in some areas, the rock is very adherent.
Sorrueda: 40-min car drive from Maspalomas
This is a three star crag that is privy to some of the most beautiful landscapes in Gran Canaria. The rock wall can be climbed in gentle rain however, the routes can be long and technical. Although it can get very hot during summer, there are always some areas that provide shade. There is also an onsite water fountain where you can get drinking water from. You won’t need more than 60 metres of rope.
Most sectors face north and some sectors are exposed to direct sunlight throughout the day. The rock is fairly compact, but some parts have been known to fall easily. The rock adherence is medium to good.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
The price varies depending on the number of people booking the activity
- 1 person: €140 pp.
- 2 people: €171
- 3 people: €233
- 4 people: €280
- 5 people: €350
- 6 people: €420
- You'll be picked up from the meeting point and then taken to the spot to the day: Fataga or Sorrueda, depending on your level, the number of participants and the weather conditions.
- Once you've arrived onsite you'll be given all the necessary climbing equipment. You'll also be briefed on the basic climbing notions so you can perform the activity safely.
- Once you've finished the activity you'll be dropped back at the initial meeting point.
All participants must:
- Be in good physical condition and have the right attitude towards participating in the activity
- Not suffer from any recent injuries
- Be accompanied by an adult if they're under 16
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, medicines or drugs
- Not be pregnant
- Not be very afraid of heights
- All necessary climbing gear
- Certified Mountaineering sport technician
- Route insurance
- Photo souvenirs (Facebook fan page)
- Comfortable clothing adapted to the weather conditions
- Closed trainers
- At least 1.5 L of water