- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesSpanish, English
- Duration1 half day
- Opening seasons:
This is the perfect activity if you are looking for adventure to overcome your limits while discovering Gran Canaria’s hidden places.
Via ferrata routes offer the possibility of climbing high walls under optimal safe conditions, as you'll be attached to a rope a.k.a the life line supported by clamps and metallic hoops throughout your outing.
Via ferrata: Primera Luna
This is the first via ferrata of the Canary Islands, it challenges the vertigo extremes of even the most daring of climbers. Once you arrive at the top, you'll be rewarded with the characteristic beauty of this part of the island, surrounded by centenary cardones and exceptional geological forms.
The path begins with a gentle walk along the wall with some vertical, but very simple and pleasant crossings between caves. You'll then face Paso del Recoveco, where the stomach of even the most daring climbers is challenged.
From here on the verticality will be a lot more present. You'll pass through centennial cardones and exceptional geological forms, crossing a fairly aerial edge, which will lead you to a plateau just as vertical and aerial.
From the top you'll be able to take in the majestic landscapes of the island, with the sea in the background.
Total length: 2.6km
Total slope: 143m
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
The price varies depending on the number of people booking the activity
- Up to 2 people: €144
- 3 people: €180
- 4 people: €240
- 5 people: €300
- 6 people: €360
- You'll be picked up from the meeting point and taken to the location, Barranco El Berriel
- The activity starts at the highest peak of the ravine
- During the activity, you'll go down El Berriel ravine
- When you've finished your 3.5 hour excursion you'll be dropped back off at the initial meeting point
All participants must:
- Be in good physical condition and have the right attitude towards participating in the activity
- Not suffer from any recent injuries
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, medicines or drugs
- Not be pregnant
- Not be very afraid of heights
- Expert guide
- All necessary via ferrata gear
- Comfortable clothing adapted to the weather conditions
- Closed trainers
- At least 1.5 L of water and snacks