Boavista Wind Club offers windsurfing lessons for all levels (beginner to advenced) in the best spots in Boa Vista.
The location of the club is without doubt the best of Boavista Island to windsurf. You can enter the water smoothly with the shorebreak conditions almost like a lake. The spot is perfect for introduction to the sport.
You can choose flat water or waves all in the same spot. The wind blows side offshore on the right side and the beach in front of the club does not have swell because it is protected by the island of Sal Rei.
Depending on the swell direction, waves can be between 2 and 4 meters. On the island of Sal Rei, there are waves of 2-4 meters. Behind the island, just a mile into the open sea, there is the English reef with very big waves never smaller than 4 meters.
The windsurf classes are taught in small groups with learning material to suit both adults and children. You can choose the following lesson that suits your level and needs:
- Taster lesson: This is for you if you would like to try windsurfing and see if you enjoy the sport
- Beginner/intermediate lesson: This course is ideal for those who are taking the first steps in the sport or want to improve the basic maneuvers (correct position and stance, controlling direction, sailing upwind).
- Intermediate/advanced lesson: Perfect for intermediate and advanced windsurfers who want to learn how to jibe, fast-tack, beachstart, use the harness, use the footstraps, learn planning, waterstart or powerjibe.
- Intro course: Start to windsurf and discover a new passion!
- Intro course for children: Children under 13 years need proper equipment for their size to make it easy to enjoy this sport.
- Private lesson: Learn some tricks and tips with a personal coach.