- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Finnish
- Duration8 hrs
The participants will learn skills needed in top-roping on ice, including:
- How to build a top rope anchor using trees, ice screws, or fixed anchor points (bolts)
- Relevant knots and gear
- How to rappel down a rope
- How to use ice axes and crampons
- Most common risks related to ice climbing and how to prevent them.
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
From Rovaniemi, the closest airport and Santa Claus’ headquarters, it takes two hours by car or by Skibus to reach us in Pyhä (Hotel Pyhätunturi).
Kindly note that 10% of the price of your tour is non-refundable. The 10% will be used to cover fees connected to your booking such as credit card transactions and other administrative charges. Refunds will only be issued to the card used to purchase the tour.
- Complimentary hot berry beverages included
- Climbing instructor's services
- Guiding to the climbing venue
- Rental climbing gear such as; helmet with visor/goggles, harness, crampons, ice axes, foot-wear (climbing boots or ski boots)
- Suitable personal clothing for winter weather including hat and gloves or mittens
- snacks like nuts or chocolate (caution: keep chocolate in a pocket inside of your jacket, otherwise it will freeze)