- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesFinnish, English
- Duration8 hrs
Korouoma is a million-year-old fracture valley in the bedrock. At the center of the valley, it forms a magnificent gorge that drops over a 100 meters below the surrounding terrain. Korouoma is known for its magnificent icefalls that cover the tall cliffs in the winter. Korouma is hands-down the best destination for ice climbing in Finland.
Your guide will me you in the morning at the arranged location and will be prepared and packed with all the relevant gear. Then:
- Drive to Korouoma, which is located roughly 2h30m by car from Pyhä-Luosto.
- Hike down to the canyon and start climbing.
- After climbing, you will have a quick barbecue in the canyon by a bonfire.
- Hike up to the parking lot.
- Drive back to Pyhä-Luosto.
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Kindly note that 10% of the price of your tour is non-refundable. The 10% will be used to cover fees connected to your booking such as credit card transactions and other administrative charges. Refunds will only be issued to the card used to purchase the tour.
- Complimentary hot berry beverages included
- Climbing instructor's services
- Guiding to the climbing venue
- Transportation from/to Pyhä-Luosto.
- Gear and equipment for the climbing day: helmet, visor/ goggles, harness, crampons, ice axes, foot-wear (climbing boots or ski boots)
- Suitable personal clothing for winter weather including hat and gloves or mittens
- snacks like nuts or chocolate (caution: keep chocolate in a pocket inside of your jacket, otherwise it will freeze)