- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFinnish, English
- Duration2.5 hrs
Your guide will meet you at the meeting point. Adjusts the snowshoes and poles. You will then be guided on an enjoyable and safe route based on local knowledge of the current snow conditions. This tour is possible to enjoy even for the unfit as the route profile is gentle. The tour can and will be tailored based on the clients’ request. The guide will give a knowledgeable presentation about the Arctic nature and the old Lappish beliefs.
The Classic Snowshoeing Tour lasts 2,5 hours and includes a PyhäExpress chair lift ticket to the top of Pyhä fell (weather permitting) for the best possibly views across the Pyhä-Luosto National Park and beyond!
→ You are automatically refunded the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
If you can walk in your shoes, you can walk in snowshoes. Modern snowshoes make getting around in deep snow both effortless and comfortable – and the fun is guaranteed!
From Rovaniemi, the closest airport and Santa Claus’ headquarters, it takes two hours by car or by Skibus to reach us in Pyhä (Hotel Pyhätunturi).
Kindly note that 10% of the price of your tour is non-refundable. The 10% will be used to cover fees connected to your booking such as credit card transactions and other administrative charges. Refunds will only be issued to the card used to purchase the tour.
- Guiding and storytelling
- Snowshoes and ski poles for the tour
- Hot berry beverages
- The regional favorite
- PyhäExpress chair lift ticket to the top of Pyhä fell (weather permitting)
- Suitable personal clothing for winter weather including warm boots
- Hat and gloves or mittens
- Some snacks like nuts or chocolate (caution: keep chocolate in a pocket inside of your jacket, otherwise it will freeze)