- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
This winter, climb up the summits and ridges of the Pyrenees with a new activity that will allow you to escape ever further into the wilderness of the mountain...
This day is more suited for people with good skiing skills who want to discover ski touring. You will explore the mountain differently and escape to find the most remote places while still enjoying good rides down backcountry slopes.
This outing is rather sporty. It's the price to pay to access wild and peaceful areas, far from the mechanical installations.
You will learn the basics of ski touring and have the chance to go skiing off-piste safely.
Ax 3 Domaines, Ascou Pailhères, Puymorens, Pla de Sept Cases, Vicdessos, Pays d’Olmes…
It will be decided with your guide according to your level and expectations.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Discover the different technical aspects of ski touring and the new feeling of climbing up a mountain in the wilderness.
Your guide will teach you to use the security equipment and identify the risks in the mountain.Objectives
- Use basic ski touring equipments (climbing skins, security kit...)
- Learn ski touring techniques
- Analyse the weather and snow conditions
All participants must:
- know how to ski (be able to ski down red slopes in the resorts)
- be in good physical condition
- Guide for the day
- Security kit
- Collective equipment
- All ski touring equipment
- Transfers to the spot
- All your ski touring equipment
- Backpack: bottled water & picnic
- Sunscreen & sunglasses