- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Duration1 half day
- Opening seasons:
For those of you looking to try a fun group activity, look no further!
Cornillou is a great canyon for beginners looking to get a taster of this thrilling activity.
This half day excursion is a great way to have fun and is accessible for children as young as 8, as long as they can swim autonomously.
You will experience stunning abseils and execute jumps that are up to 7 metres high. And that’s not all, there’s also swimming passages, slides and the famous zip-slide – that’s a combination of a zip-line and slide.
- You’ll be welcomed at Escale Verticale by your instructor
- You’ll take a free shuttle to the starting point where you’ll gear up (7 km)
- It’ll take 15 minutes to reach the canyon on foot
- You’ll then have a briefing about the activity and the security regulations
- You’re then off for a fun outing in the gorges
- Once you’ve finished your activity it’ll take you about 10 minutes to make your way back to the shuttle (depends on how tired the group is)
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
- Autonomously abseil down the gorges
- Learn about the river environment
You can opt for:
- Morning excursion: 9am
- Afternoon excursion: 2pm
All participants must be able to swim autonomously.Special terms
For an additional €15, Escale Verticale will fix a waterproof camera/camcorder to your helmet so you can take photos and make a video throughout your adventure, which will be transferred onto a memory card and given to you before you leave.
Once you have booked the activity please provide Escale Verticale with the following info:
- Your weight
- Your height
- Your shoe size
So that they can prepare the right sized equipment for your excursion.
- All necessary canyoning gear
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Trainers you wouldn't mind getting wet