- Sport levelfrom Beginner to Intermediate
- Spoken languagesFrench, Spanish, English
- Duration1 half day
- Opening seasons:
Want to add a dose of daring to your weekend getaway then opt for a canoe kayaking excursion in the River Nive with UR Bizia!
You’ll be by yourself in the canoe, meaning you’ll be manoeuvring in the water autonomously, giving you ample time to get used to the white-water sensations. You’ll also be able to start acquiring the right skills to move the canoe exactly where you want to go in the rapids. And should you need any advice or tips your instructor will only be an oar stroke away, he’ll guide and advise you throughout your adventure.
Duration: the whole activity will last 2.5 hours with 1.5 hours in the water
- You’ll make your way to the UR Bizia rafting centre, situated in Bidarray where you will be welcomed by Jackie
- You’ll change and gear up in your canoeing gear, after which you’ll make your way to the boat pontoon with Lionel
- Once you’ve arrived at the river you’ll have a briefing about the activity and the security regulations
- Then you’re off for a 1.5 hour adventure in the water where you’ll be surrounded by sumptuous landscapes!
- On the way back you’ll have a quick debrief about your excursion and your rowing skills
The River Nive crosses the region surrounded by lush greenery and colourful flower. The temperature of the water is never very cold as the ocean is only 35 km away in Vol d’Oiseau.
The river is of medium difficulty and is classed as III, due to a succession of rapids and calm passages.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made