- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English, Spanish
- Duration2 days
- Opening seasons:
If you want to learn about winter survival and dream of spending a night in the mountains under an igloo, this survival course is for you!
This 2-day course takes place on the Pla Guillem altiplano in the Eastern Pyrenees. Located in the Canigó massif, this isolated plateau is ideal for snowshoeing and for a two-day excursion through different terrains to learn survival techniquesand progression in winter. The beautiful landscapes and a certain solitude will make this training an unforgettable experience!
- Day 1: Meet up at 8:30 a.m. in Amélie-les-Bains-Palalda, at the Forest Adventure center.
- 4x4 transfer to the starting point at the Regine pass in Prats-de-Mollo-la-Preste (depending on the snow).
- During these two days, you'll learn the basics of mountain survival, with a comprehensive and dense program, sharing knowledge in a friendly atmosphere - e.g.: Igloo construction and overnight; How to make a fire in winter conditions; Get to know the dangers of the cold; Self-help and first-aid techniques; Understand the snowpack and its dangers and other know-how that will allow you, at end of this introductory course, to gain knowledge and autonomy.
- Day 2: End of training at around 4:30 p.m., then 4X4 drive back to the departure point.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made