- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench
- Duration1 half day
- Opening seasons:
The magnificent Canyon du Tapoul is found in the heart of Cévennes National Park!
Canyoning consists of going downriver, in order to do this you’ll be swimming, gliding, using natural waterslides and abseiling down waterfalls. The daredevils amongst you can even jump down instead.
This activity is reserved for people who like to see a different facet of nature and enjoy water sports.
Children as young as 9 are welcome, but summertime (between July – September) is encouraged as the water will be warmer and the water level will be lower.
This half day excursion really is exceptional, as you won’t be walking much however, you will be jumping as high as 10 metres (the jumps are not obligatory). If jumping is not your thing you can abseil or even slide down, there’s always a way of adapting the canyon to your level.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Learn how to abseil down waterfalls
- Learn about the nature surrounding you and how to respect it whilst practicing canyoning
- Meet your instructor at the car park
- You’ll be geared up with a harness and a helmet
- You’ll have a brief about the activity, the equipment and the security regulations
- Then you’ll be off for 3 – 4 hours enjoying as succession of slides, jumps, abseils and swimming passages
- It’ll take you 10 minutes to make your way back
All participants under 18 must provide written parental consent.
You must 12 yo to do this activity. No specific case allowedSpecial terms
The tariffs varies depending on number of people booking:
1 - 5 people: €48 pp.
6 - 10 people: €43 pp.
- All necessary canyoning gear
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Bottled water & snacks
- Trainers that can get wet