- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Duration2 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Located 800 meters from the famous canyon of Tapoul, a few km from the village of Rousses, the via ferrata of Rousses borders the Tarnon river in an exceptional and relaxing setting.
The via ferrata of Rousses is ideal for an intro to the activity and presents no major difficulties. It consists of 2 zip lines, 2 bridges, and a monkey bridge.
You meet your instructor in Rousses, 20 minutes from Florac & Meyrueis and 1 hour from Sainte-Enimie. You will find a small bar-restaurant where you can quench your thirst after the activity.
The via ferrata is located in the heart of the Cevennes National Park, near the Tapoul canyon.
Upon your arrival at the via ferrata car park, you will be equipped with a climbing harness, a shock absorber, a mountain helmet, a pulley adapted to the cables and a lanyard. Do not forget to tie your hair and attach your glasses!
After a 5-minute walk to the river, your guide gives you instructions on safe cables so you can progress. The via ferrata starts slowly a few meters from the edge of the water.
2 routes are possible: one is rather easy on an inclined plane, and the other is a little more difficult with a vertical climb and a slight slope which is not difficult to cross. Both converge and start from a zip line of about 30 meters above the river.
The exit of the via is quite sporty but the guide is there to help you. It opens onto a terrace from where you can either make the easy route that crosses the river with another zip line or go through a relatively large aerial footbridge and a rather technical passage following a small monkey bridge.
The 2 routes merge and the via ferrata runs along the river. The route is easy with some simple passages followed by 2 new possible itineraries: an easy one that goes up to the right over about 10 meters and passes over the cliff, and another more complicated where you progress on a horizontal part.
The two routes converge again and continue on a small monkey bridge followed by an aerial technical passage and a vertical opening onto the final bridge. Once you have crossed the last monkey bar, one last sporty step takes you to a small terrace leading to the road in a few minutes.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Difficulty level: a little to quite difficult
- Approach walk: 5 minutes
- Walk back: 5 minutes
- Max. of 8 participants per guide
How to get there:
- From Sainte-Enimie - 55 min drive: Take direction Florac (30 min), at the exit of the village of Florac, take D907 direction Meyrueis. After about 20 min drive, just after crossing the village of Vanels, turn left in a tunnel towards "Les Rousses" (5 km).
- From Meyrueis - 25 min drive: Take direction Florac. After 20 min, before the village of Vanels, turn right under a tunnel, direction "Rousses" (5 km).
- From Florac - 20 min drive: Take D907 direction Meyrueis. After 20 min drive, just after crossing the village of Vanels, turn left into a tunnel direction "Les Rousses" (5 km).
The meeting place is located in the car park above the bar "La ruche" in the Rousses village (48400). There are toilets and a water point.
Plan to arrive a little early, in case you are too late the guide cannot make the other participants wait.
There is a place with the same name above Meyrueis so be careful not to go wrong on the road.
- All necessary equipment
- Trainers or hiking shoes
- Bottled water
- According to the weather: windbreaker and fleece / gloves or mittens