- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French
- Duration8 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Enjoy a steep skiing day trip in Chamonix with a professional and expert mountain guide!
Chamonix is a famous spot for its steep skiing terrain such as the Rectiligne Couloir at Les Grands Montets, the ENSA couloir and Hotel Face at Brevent, or the Grand Envers on the Vallée Blanche.
During your trip, you will have the opportunity to see wonderful glaciers and peaks at more than 4000 metres high.
Reminder of some steep skiing techniques:
- If the degree of the slope is important and the snow is hard, you must practice skipped turns to look for the lightering in order to facilitate the change of edges. This swiveling allows you to control your speed.
- From the stop, with your sticks planted, you have to carry the weight of your body on the downhill ski and spread the skis. You then briefly load the upstream ski in order to make your skis rotating. The shock absorption is done by a lateral skid.
Your mountain guide has many years of experience in practicing freeriding, backcountry and steep skiing, so you are guaranteed a safety descent.
Only few guides are qualified to supervise this activity, and those from Pure Freeride Experience are one of the best among them!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Meeting at the departure point with a cup of coffee
- Briefing about the safety rules and the programme of the day
- Backcountry skiing excursion for about 7 hours with your guide
- Back to the station and debriefing with a glass of beer
The guide takes 2 participants to guarantee maximum safety and supervision.Activity requirements
Please note that this activity is weather dependent. If they are not good, you will go skiing into the Couloir Chevalier or the couloirs in the Argentière glacier.
A good experience in backcountry skiing is required to participate.
- Expert guide
- Ski lift tickets
- ABS, transceiver & shovel probe
- Ski suit and equipment (pair of ski, helmet)
- Warm clothing
- Bottled water and lunch