- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English, Russian
- Durationfrom 3.5 hrs to 8 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Saint-Gervais Mont Blanc is an ideal place to practice snowshoeing, especially on the slope of Mont Joly - Mont d'Arbois.
As a mountain guide, Sylvie offers you a snowshoeing excursion around Saint-Gervais-les-Bains.
There is not so much snow in the center of Saint-Gervais village, which is located at an altitude of 800 meters. You need to climb up to 1,400 - 1,450 meters to find a bigger amount of snow.
The excursion is accessible from beginner to advanced levels. It requires some walking experience, but not necessarily a very good physical condition. Your guide will walk at a relaxed pace during the ascents and descents, and you will barely notice that you have gone beyond your limits!
- Reception and equipment
- Slow departure (uphill) then hike with many stops to get some explanations, observe animals and take pictures.
- Tea and chocolate break at the highest point of the excursion. You can gaze at the panorama, the animals and take some souvenir photos.
- Review of the equipment: tightening of the straps and bindings, extending the poles, advice, and demonstration to walk in the powder snow (if there is any), then departure for the descent.
- Arrival at the cars, taking off the equipment and tea break.
- Return to the departure point.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected