The summit of Barre des Ecrins is the highest of the Ecrins mountain range (4102m). Eric will take you through it and up to the Dôme des Ecrins (4015m), which is renowned as one of the most accessible 4000m high hikes in the French Alps.
Located in the heart of a wild and preserved mountain range, this easy summit (mostly a walk on glaciers) is perfectly suited for an experienced hiker.
On the first day, you will climb up to the Ecrins mountain hut (3160m altitude) where you can rest before the second day and the hike to the summit, at an altitude of 4015m, before making your way back down to the valley.
Why did Eric choose the summit of the Ecrins?
Because it is a mountain range he knows like the back of his hand and therefore can guide you through it and make sure you are safe at all times.
But most of all, he wants you to see one of the biggest and wildest mountain range in the French Alps.
If you are looking for preserved areas, a feeling of being far from everything and the true conviviality of a small mountain hut... This is where you should go!
You will be gone from 10am on the first day until 4pm on the second day.
Time spent walking in the mountain : 4 hours on the 1st day to reach the mountain hut and 8 hours on the second day for the climb to the summit and the return walk.
- from June 25 to June 26
- from July 1st to July 2nd
- from July 11 to July 12
- from July 18 to July 19
Take up a challenge!Itinerary
Succeed in climbing to a 4,000 metre altitude and discover the mountaineering techniques.
- Meeting point in Ailefroide village, in front of the mountain guides office where you can rent some equipment if you need to (mountain shoes, crampons, ice axe)Activity requirements
- Packing and checking of bags, then you get in the car to reach the start of the hike near "Madame Carle" (which is the end of the road).
- There, you start climbing to reach the Ecrins mountain hut at a 3600m altitude (which will take you approximately 4 hours). You take a break mid-climb for lunch. Second part of the itinerary takes place on the Glacier Blanc.
- Diner and night in the refuge (beds in dormitories).
- You will wake up at 4am and have your breakfast at the hut then you're all set for the summit! You will need to walk approximately 4 hours to get there and discover the incredible bird's eyes view!
- After a well-diserved lunch break at the top, you will begin your return walk to the valley.
Participants must be experienced climbers and regularly practice endurance sports.
Do not forget to bring warm clothes (hat, gloves, fleece jacket), sunglasses and sunscreen.
You will need to prepare 2 meals for both lunches (day 1 and 2) and bottled water.Special terms
1 - 2 people: €700 for 2 days
3 - 4 people: €850 for 2 days