- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
Explore some of the most stunning French mountains with this initiation weekend to ski touring!
Are you a beginner who is afraid of venturing out by yourself? Or maybe you’ve already tried it but don’t know which spots to explore? In which case this is the weekend out for you!
This weekend trip will help you become an autonomous ski tourer so that you know all the necessary ski touring techniques, so you can enjoy your new hobby as often as you like.
- How to prepare your ski touring bag:
- To prep your gear: food, harness, avalanche detector and adjust your crampons
- The right skills to progress
- To find your pace without getting tired
- How to track your trail
- The conversion techniques
- How to read an IGN map, orientate yourself and prepare your itinerary
You’ll spend the night in a half-board refuge.
- What to do in an emergency situation such as an avalanche
- How to search for avalanche victims and how to use an avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel correctly
- How to conduct group searches
- What to do in an accident
- How to alert others and construct a makeshift shelter
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected