- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesSpanish, English, French
- Durationfrom 3 hrs to 8 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Treat yourself to a beautiful snowshoe hike from a half to a full day with a mountain guide in the heart of the Catalan Pyrenees.
The Eastern Pyrenees mountains offer an excellent playground in winter for snowshoeing. Snowshoes allow the discreet and furtive approach of animals huddled under the snowpack.
During a half day or full day snowshoeing excursion from Mont-Louis near Font Romeu, you'll discover the great wildlife: Pyrenean chamois, mouflons, deer, and big raptors. Your mountain guide will teach you how to handle snowshoes but also light a fire like prehistoric men!
- Reception of the participants at the meeting place in Mont-Louis. The small town is part of the 12 fortifications of Vauban listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Transfer by car to the starting point of the hike and distribution of the equipment (snowshoes and poles);
- Snowshoeing off the beaten track with picnic break and the possibility of choosing a more intense hike where you'll go to paths that are more difficult to access (if you book the full day);
- Finally, return to the vehicles then to Mt Louis.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected