- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French
- Duration4 hrs
- Opening seasons:
The via ferrata of Rochefort is located in the town of Florac. It includes many aerial passages, athletic progressions, and exits classified as QD (Quite Difficult), VD (Very Difficult) and ABO (Abominable).
The via ferrata of Florac, also called via ferrata of Rochefort, has 2 footbridges, 3 monkey bridges, a Nepalese bridge and a zip line.
You meet your guide at the meeting point in Sainte-Enimie or directly at the car park of the via ferrata. From Saint-Enimie, a 45-minute drive through the Gorges du Tarn and the Causse Mejean takes you to the car park.
You start with an approach walk of about 30 minutes on a path that runs along the cornice of Causse Mejean to the rock of Rochefort. You are equipped with a harness, lanyards, a pulley, and a mountain helmet, then your instructor gives you the safety instructions.
The route begins with "the canyon" which is a narrow passage where the horizontal progression is slightly overhanging.
You will cross a footbridge and a monkey bridge before the route separates into two parts. The easy part leads directly to a large vertiginous footbridge and the difficult one goes around some boulders. Then, the easy route circles a large monolith and leads to the start of the zip line. The difficult route, on the other hand, climbs straight into the block called "Ron de Picar" which you follow until the start of the zip line. Way outs are possible at the entrance and at the exit of the zip line.
You then arrive at the big pillar of Rochefort where a passage leads you to the different exits. The QD exit is a succession of footbridges in a small and little aerial canyon, whereas the 2 VD-classified exits go up into overhanging parts and reach the plateau. The last possibility is the ABO exit where the route is extremely athletic.
From there, a return path goes up until you reach the plateau of Causse Mejean where a path leads you to the departure point in 30 minutes.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Please note that this via ferrata is not suitable for people subjected to vertigo.
- Difficulty level: quite to very difficult depending on the chosen itinerary
- Approach walk: 30 minutes
- Walk back: 30 minutes
- Max. of 8 participants per guide
How to get there:
- From Florac - 15 min drive: Take the D16 to the Pierre Plate pass. The via ferrata car park is located 150 meters after the pass on your right.
- From Sainte-Enimie - 45 min drive: Take the road gorges to Florac then follow the signs to Florac.
- From Meyrueis - 45 min drive: Take direction Florac then follow the signs to Florac.
Plan to arrive a little early, in case you are too late the guide cannot make the other participants wait.
- All necessary equipment
- Trainers or hiking shoes
- Bottled water
- According to the weather: windbreaker and fleece / gloves or mittens