- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Dutch, French
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Want to give your children their first taste of freeriding exhilaration? Are you looking for a new thrill for your holiday? Let the expert guides and instructors at Snowlegend show you their favourite freeriding itineraries!
The private group sessions benefit from tailor-made itineraries to suit your freeriding level and goals. Groups do not exceed 5 participants maximum to ensure you get the most out of your lesson. However, your instructor may accept up to 7 people on some of the more classic itineraries, such as Vallons de Chancel, La Meije or the descent on Saint Christophe.
You'll be given technical advice and guidance throughout your outing to help you improve your skill level. The guides have perfected their pedagogy method so that you can benefit from their expertise, making learning easier for children and beginners. To learn how to develop good reflexes quickly and safely, the guides adapt to the needs and goals of both the parents and children.
Bonus: FREE skis/snowboards OR an avalanche airbag rental for children.
Programme of your session in La Grave
- You'll find your friendly guide waiting for you (at the agreed meeting point), where you'll get a hot drink and then check your equipment together.
- The equipment you'll be using: Rossignol helmets, Dva-Element Barryvox, shovel, light probe and harness. You have the possibility of renting a Mammut avalanche airbag for €18 per day - please make sure you book this with Snowlegend beforehand.
- You'll have an array of itineraries to choose from depending on the snow and weather conditions. You can opt for glaciers, couloirs or forests - whatever you feel like.
- You'll experience a difference in altitude of between 4 to 12,000 metres and complete 2 -7 runs of pure happiness!
After your session, you'll be able to kick back and relax at the Snowlegend chalet, where you can savour a glass of Chartreuse whilst your gear dries. You can even indulge in a little pampering with a massage (appointment necessary) with a professional masseur or alternatively you can get your skis waxed at the pro-shop.
The spot of La Grave - La Meije
Not only will you experience incredible views of the Alps, but at each step there'll be something exceptional for you to enjoy:
- 3,650 metres: You'll start at this altitude and then set off for a multitude of lines at 'full speed' on the glacier!
- 3,100 metres: You'll arrive between the rocks and long glaciers depending on your chosen route
- 2,900 metres: Long couloirs and beautiful virgin slopes await you
- You have the option to freeride to other couloirs
- 2,100 metres: Meet the elusive chamois in the forest and get a taste of the beautiful clearings
- 1,300 to 1,400 metres: You'll cross the river to find the cable car or shuttle
All outings can be conducted in English, French, Italian, Spanish and German.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
Enjoy a full day of freeriding in La Grave with the pro riders of Snowlegend.
You will start with a warm-up on a nursery slope to help you get to grips with the techniques before going on the crazy descents in fresh snow. Whatever your level, you are sure to progress and improve your technical skills.Itinerary
Itineraries around La Meije:
The valleys of Meije Chancel: a classic
This route follows the different valleys formed by the Moraines on the ancient glacier of Rateau and La Meije.
You'll start at an altitude of 3,200 metres and will then ride down to La Grave. Technically it is not too difficult, it mostly requires vigilance for avalanche risk. This is a great opportunity to understand and analyse slopes and the risk of avalanche.
Couloirs of Trifides
Numbered '0, 1, 2' these 40 to 45° couloirs can be found under the tip of Trifide. You may need to access this area using rope.
These slopes are found between Chancel and Valleys and can be accessed after a long crossing. This is a very beautiful wild area, however, you need to be careful for as it is extremely rocky and there are potential avalanche risks.
You also have the option of forest trails, Patou Couloir, the Banana Couloir, the Couloir of the Lake and many more!Activity requirements
All participants must be very good skiers (comfortable on red to black slopes) and all children must be accompanied by an adult.Special terms
The price varies depending on the number of people booking
1 to 4 people: €350 per day
5 people: €370 per day
6 to 7 people: €390 per day
To immortalise your day you can rent a Drift camera: 3-minute video edited by Mind Sports. (€50)
Please allow a budget for lunch, which you will have at Refuge Chancel, D'en Haut restaurant or back at the village depending on your itinerary! It is common that you invite your guide for lunch.
Ski lift passes cost €43 per day (Snowlegend rate).
You can get a discount on equipment rental (check with your guides after confirmation of your activity).
You can get a discount for the following:
- €5 off at lagravefreeride Rossignol Serie7
- €5 off for ski touring rental La Grave All Mountain!
- €5 off for rental shoes Alltracks Rossignol
- €10 off at La Grave bags "Avalanche Airbag System" Mammut
- Security backpack (DVA - shovel - probe)
- Helmet & harness
- Coffee at the shop & facilities
- Drift Camera rental (€50)
- Ski lift pass
- Ski equipment
- Lunch for you and your guide (picnic in the resort or restaurant up the mountains)
- All your skiing/snowboarding equipment
- Picnic with snacks & drinks