- Sport levelfrom Beginner to Intermediate
- Spoken languagesSpanish, French, English
- Durationfrom 1 half day to full day
- Opening seasons:
Explore the cave of Balme with family or friends and discover a subterranean world in the heart of the Alps!
The cave of Balme is located near the Arve river and is ideal for an introduction to speleology or if you want to experience a more technical exploration.
The caving excursion takes place on a half day or a full day and is open to participants from age 6 for the family caving, 12 for the discovery caving, and 16 for the adventure caving.
- Family caving: It consists of visiting a cave composed of large galleries and varied landscapes (rooms, underground streams, etc.). The course is usually punctuated by small obstacles that do not require the use of a rope and narrow passages are optional.
- Discovery caving: It's aimed to explore a very aesthetic cave that includes many obstacles. The landscapes are very varied (rooms, basins, stalactites, ...) and the obstacles are not very difficult (passages on ropes, reminders, ...). You have to be a little sporty to participate.
- Adventure caving: It is a sporty exploration allowing you to see all the aspects of the underground. The exit is long and technical and requires to overcome many obstacles such as abseiling and rope climbing.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made