- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Come discover new sensations with an ice fall climbing excursion in Métabief, on an exclusive playground open to everyone!
Once the winter cold is coming, the water changes into ice and it's then time to climb on these ephemeral routes. Each ice fall climbing is unique dure to its formation and the diversity of shapes. This is what makes ice fall climbing so rich and exciting!
Métabief ski station has an artificial ice fall of 15 metres high to allow everyone to practice ice fall climbing.
If you are a beginner or wish to improve, you can practice ice fall climbing in the Jura Mountains.
Spend a full day on Métabief ice fall with an expert instructor! After a 30-minute approach walk, you will stay about 6 to 7 hours on the spot with your group (up to 4 pax.). Beginners will learn the necessary basic techniques while experienced climbers will focus on improving their skills.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
After an approach walk of 30 minutes, you will spend 6 to 7 hours in Métabief ice fall with your instructor.Objectives
Beginners will :
- Learn how to use the equipment (ice axes and crampons)
- Learn the basic ice climbing techniques (move on vertical ice structures, manipulate specific gear, progress safely, belay)
- Be able to climb an ice structure autonomously
Level of expertise: Beginners welcome however, you must be in good physical condition
- Technical equipment (rope, harness...)
- Safety gear
- Ice axes and crampons
- Bottled water and lunch
- Warm clothing
- Solid mountain boots