- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Duration> 1 week
- Opening seasons:
You are planning to go on vacation in the Tropics and plan some scuba-diving there, but you would like to learn to dive beforehand?
Then look no further, because Plongéquilibre allows you to do an SSI Open Water course, just a few metro stations away. So you can get more downtime and less book theory once you reach the coconut trees!
The sessions take place the 20-meter diving pool in Villeneuve-la-Garenne, north of Paris. You will discover a multi-depth pool with water heated to 29°C.
The SSI Open Water course is the first level of an internationally recognized certification. Once completed you will be allowed to dive down to a depth of 18 metres anywhere in the world!
1 - Initiation sessions in the pool:
The course includes six sessions of two hours. These can take place during the week or over the weekend, depending on your availability.
During these sessions, you will learn how to use and maintain your equipment, communicate underwater, ensure your safety and master your buoyancy.
2 - Theory lessons:
- 6 chapters to read on an e-learning website and/or on your DIVE SSI application (offline)
- Revision of your technical knowledge by practicing multiple choice tests
- Taking a theory test either in a center or at the edge of a pool
3 - Validation of your acquired skills in a natural environment (sea) - NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE
The SSI Level 1 requires you to complete 3 dives either in 3 sessions (3x2hrs) or 2 sessions (1x3hrs and 1x2hrs). You can perform these:
- With the diving school during a weekend at Golfe Juan Vallauris
- During another diving trip organized by the diving school
- In any SSI centre of your choice, anywhere in the world*
*Once complete, the diving school will present you with a transfer card (Referral) via the DIVE SSI application to validate your dives in Paris, in order for you to present it to diving centers during your holidays.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
All participants must know how to swim.Special terms
After booking, the instructor will contact you to schedule the sessions.
The price is 439EUR for one person, then €420 p.p. from 2 participants.
- Equipment rental
- Digital Open Water Diver lessons
- 1 year subscription to a diving logbook via SSI (renewal price €15 for 2 years)
- Admission to the diving pool
- The final validation of the course (6 dives in natural environment) is not included