- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Durationfrom 6 hrs to 1 half day
- Opening seasons:
La Grande Fistoire is located in a village called Le Caire, 20 minutes North from Sisteron. It's one of the most beautiful via ferrata in France. Come and discover it! You will feel the thrills of verticality when climbing the 250 meter high cliff.
This via ferrata is also suited to beginners since you can divide the route into several parts. You don't need to cross the whole thing, you can just climb one part of it.
La Grande Fistoire is famous for being high and demanding but the fully signposted climbing route is absolutely safe. The hiker is attached to a steel cable with snap hooks and safety lanyards. The carved steps and the iron rungs are sealed in the rock and allow you to climb easily.
More about the climbing route:
- Northeast oriented
- 60m footbridge, the longest in Europe's via ferratas
- 32m monkey bridge (with a cable for the feet and a cable for the hands)
- Poutre et sortie "grande muraille"
- The Bombu, 4-5m inclination
- 3 new ziplines: 150, 135 and 220 meter long
The climbing routes can be modified depending on the level of the participants
Level 2 to 4
The different routes:
- Short route: Quick access to the footbridge. Allows to avoid the Bombu part and the Grande Fistoire summit. It takes between 1.30 and 2 hours to complete this route.
- Long route: The full via ferrata climbing route. Crossing of the monkey bridge (32m) and climbing via the great wall. The route ends at the summit. The route includes a slope and a footbridge passage. To go back to the starting point, you will make a u-turn and use the initial route. It takes approximately 3 hours to complete this route.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected