- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesSpanish, English, French
- Durationfrom 2 hrs to 6 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Rent a canoe and enjoy a family-friendly excursion in calm water or whitewater in the Gave d'Oloron from Sorde-l'Abbaye!
With your friends or family, go explore the Gave d'Oloron in the Pyrenees during a canoe ride in calm water for about 1 hour 45 min. or in whitewater for approx. 2.5 hours or 6 hours.
The Gave d'Oloron is a river created in Oloron-Sainte-Marie by the confluence of the Aspe and Ossau rivers. It is 80 km long and joins the Gave de Pau upstream of Peyrehoarde. It's a privileged place for sport fishing due to the presence of numerous migratory fish such as the Atlantic salmon, sea trout, Salmo trutta fario, and eel.
Programme of the activity:
- Meeting at the canoe base 20 minutes before the start of the activity
- Equipment (nautical equipment, disinfected jacket, can)
- Briefing with a map of the course
- Autonomous descent of 7km in calm water or 9km to 20 km in whitewater
- Back to 2x Aventures center
For the whitewater excursion, you will be transported to the starting point and enjoy some rapids and white pebble beaches for picnicking and swimming. You will also discover the "small Amazon" on the final part of the course.
Book now and enjoy the freshness of the Gave d'Oloron!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made