- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
The landscapes of the Pyrenees are definitely worth a visit... but climbing on a frozen waterfall and discovering new horizons in these magnificent mountains is sure to leave you speechless!
When the first winds of winter hit the mountains, the valleys of Ariège put on their shell of ice... Follow your guide on some of the most famous ice waterfall spots of the Ariege Pyrenees in the Vicdessos Valley, Aston valley, or Bielsa for example!
The beautiful frozen waterfalls will allow you to climb on several lengths of ice and snow to improve your techniques and get all the tips you need from your professional instructor!
Go for a whole day with a professional guide in this ephemeral and magical universe.
*2 participants max. per guide
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
You meet your guide on the car park and set off in the wild with skis or snowshoes to the ice climbing site.
You get geared up and the instructor will brief you on the activity and the equipment. Then you'll review the basic techniques for a warm up before going on the ice for practice. You'll climb on several lengths and learn advanced ice climbing techniques.
The whole day will be spent on the climbing site and you'll have a picnic there. The objectives of the day will evolve as you progress.
The activity should end around 5.30 pm.Objectives
- Review basic ice climbing techniques
- Learn advanced progression techniques and how to use technical equipments
- Be able to climb several lengths of an ice structure autonomously
All participants must:
- be in good physical condition
- know the basics of ice climbing
The climbing sites might change depending on the weather conditions.
Please note that the price is per group. 2 participants max. per guide.
- All ice climbing equipment
- Snowshoeing equipment
- Guide for the day
- Personal equipment
- Mountaineering shoes
- Backpack: picnic & bottled water
- Clothes adapted to the activity in extreme cold conditions (2 pair of warm gloves)
- Mountaineering shoes on which you can add crampons