- Sport levelfrom Beginner to Intermediate
- Spoken languagesFrench, English
- Duration2 hrs
- Opening seasons:
How about spicing things up a little? Aquarafting offers you to rafting down the fantastic river Dranse in Thonon-les-Bains, Haute-Savoie. You can come to discover this thrilling activity with your friends and family or improve your skills!
You will discover the river Dranse and the area while cruising inside an inflatable and unsinkable raft. It is a stable watercraft in which you can navigate perfectly with the coordination of the crew (7 people maximum) and the guide. Rafting is basically nature, emotion, pleasure and team spirit reunited in one activity!
Aquarafting provides you with 4 different courses:
- A green route accessible to everyone to explore the river and the natural reserve
- A discovery route adapted to everyone
- A rodeo route for adrenaline hunters
- A full route for the daredevils
This is one incredible spot with more than 15 km of routes; one of them crosses a delta classified as a natural reserve. The river Dranse is one of the most beautiful spots to practice whitewater activities in France. It is also challenging, with a lot of obstacles.
Fun facts: the water of the river Dranse is rather warm which is funny since it is a mountain river. Another fun fact is that a Canoe Kayak World Cup event took place there. So if you are up for the challenge, go for it!
- Meeting at the Aquarafting centre 15 minutes before the start of the activity. You will have to fill some forms before listening to a presentation about the centre.
- You will put on the equipment and have a briefing before taking the bus to go to river.
- You will start canorafting down the river Dranse.
- Once the activity is over you will put back the equipment.
The activity lasts between 2 and 2,5 hours.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected