- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesBritish English, French, German, Middle Dutch
- Durationfrom 3 hrs to 8 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Ski touring offers an easy way to access areas that would be impracticable otherwise. You'll discover a new realm of untouched terrain and escape the busy off-piste skiing areas of Tignes.
This sport requires a great experience of the mountain and terrain to be practiced safely. With your instructor Kev Herbert, you will be able to learn and ride safely thanks to his extensive knowledge of the area. You have three options:
- DayTours: A full day with a couple of cols or summits for the more experienced adventurers. Recap of ski touring equipment and techniques, route selection tips, and avalanche awareness and terrain safety briefing.
- Specials: An opportunity to experience the mountains at night. Join Kev as you skin up to one of the best viewpoints away from the noise and lights of the resort.
- Starters: A 3hr session for ski touring beginners. Introduction to and use of touring bindings and skins. Walking, climbing and descending techniques. Introduction to route planning. Avalanche awareness and terrain safety.
The Espace Killy is a wonderful ski area where there is something for everyone and Tignes has been declared the most sporting resort in the Alps. Some of the best off-piste routes are the Vallons de la Sache, the Glattier, the Telegraph, or the Chardonnay.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected