- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English, Italian
- Duration1 hr
- Opening seasons:
Denis and his team of certified mountain guides will take you out on a snowmobile hike in Vars, onboard their comfortable and safe snowmobiles. With Wintersnow, you will live a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and ride for many kilometers in the middle of the White Forest. Thrills guaranteed!
Vars is one of the most coveted ski areas in the Southern Alps. Thanks to its high altitude and priviledged situation with 3000 meter summits, it's one of the snowiest ski resort in France. Plus, it has the great advantage of being very bright and luminous, thanks to the Mediterranean climate. Vars' reputation is also due to its beautiful wooded valleys.
- Meet up with the Wintersnow staff at the reception chalet, in front of the Chabrières cable car. (Please show up 20 minutes before the beginning of the activity. Example: 4.40pm if the activity starts at 5pm).
- Fill out the rental form
- Gear up with recent integral helmets
- The activity will start with a 5 minute briefing about the safety rules, the handling of the device and the hiking route
- Try out the snowmobile a few times on the snow front to get used to the machine
- Off you go for one incredible hour of snowmobile hike!
- After the hike, back to the chalet
One of the guides goes first and the other one goes last. There are two guides so they can adapt to the level of each participant. They will take you on hiking trails, ski slopes and even in the fresh snow if the conditions allow.
The route is about 25 km long. You will enjoy outstanding panoramas, by night!
You have several options: you can either rent a snowmobile on your own and drive it or rent a snowmobile with a friend and switch roles halfway through the excursion if you wish to. Also, there are two free seats, one behind each guide, if you wish to ride as a passenger only. In all cases, be ready to get thrilled!
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected