- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish, French, German
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences.
They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You will have 7 adventure dives to complete in three days. In the last day you will have your exam dive to get the certificate. After successfully completing the exam, you will be able to dive to depths of 30 meters all over the world!
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: You get to choose where to dive
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
The diving spots are the Nikouria Cavern, The Northern Wall of Nikouria, the Gramvonissi, Agios Pavlos, The Deep Blue Wall, Manina 3 shipwreck, The Bauxile Mines, Small Sparti Cave and many more to discover...
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old
What will you learn?
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
The Scuba gear you will use
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also try out underwater photography equipment , DPVs (underwater scooters), a dive light a dry suit, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Open Water Certification (PADI or equivalent)
15 years old of age
- Underwater photos