- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Greek
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
A short sail away from the city of Athens, unravels an extraordinary landscape. An exquisite mixture of the sea, the sun and land.
Riding in Aegina means traversing beautiful seaside villages, pistachio plantations, ancient volcanic areas, historical ruins and unique resorts.
Distance: 45 km
Elevation gain: 740 m
Cycling in Aegina
07.00: Meet at Piraeus Port GATE E8
You take a ferry to Aegina, which will take about an hour. On board the ferry you'll have a briefing about the activity and the safety protocols. Your guide will also check and adjust your bike.
09.00 – 12.30: You'll visit the archaeological site of Aphaia’s Temple, a simply breathtaking experience. At the end of the ride you have a light snack and beverages, which your guide will provide for you.
17.00: Then you'll take the ferry back to Piraeus Port, which will take about an hour.
18.00 – 18.30: Arrival in Piraeus
→ You are automatically reimbursed the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
What happens if I get tired?
Anytime, you feel fatigue during your ride, you may stop and jump in the support vehicle. In case of any kind of discomfort or fatigue, you will still be able to enjoy Greece’s beautiful landscapes. The staff will guide you, provide you with suggestions on what to see, and transport you to your selected destinations. You can also join the non-riders’ group (if applicable in this tour).
Am I insured?
Yes! For this trip you are covered. When your booking is confirmed, the GrCycling agents will ask you for some additional information in order to issue an insurance contract on personal injury.
- Premium road or hybrid bike (full carbon, aluminium, steel, wood)
- Pedals (LOOK, SPD-SL, normal)
- Water and healthy snacks
- Waterproof shield
- Archaeological site entrance fees / ferry tickets
- Escort rider(s)
- Support vehicle(s)
- Luggage and personal items transport
- All transportations
- Accident insurance
- Shipping costs for sending out your bike to your country
- Riding gear: gloves, wild shields, sunglasses etc.
- Comfortable clothing adapted to the weather conditions