- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Greek
- Duration3 days
- Opening seasons:
From April to November, you can go hiking in one of the most beautiful areas in Greece, Zagoria.In the famous mountains of Pindos, Zagoria villages are in the national park in a protected environment of green beauty.
Zagori villages can be found in Pindos mountains in Epirus, in northwestern Greece. With this multi-day excursion you will have the chance to hike for 3, 4, 5 or 7 days the most beautiful villages like Kipi, Monodendri, Vikos, Papigo and the natural Pools of Pindos.
An alternative plan for holidays in the mountains of Greece.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
If you would like a private tour outside the scheduled departures the price varies as follow:
01 pax – 860 €
02- 03 pax – 510 €
04- 05 pax – 360 €
06- 07 pax – 315 €
08- 09 pax – 290 €
10- 11 pax – 275 €
12- 16 pax – 265 €
Day 1 - Kipi > Monodendri
Elevation: Gain 353m, Loss 654m
The first day starts from Kipi village where you will meet up with the guide in the main square of village. The guide will start with briefing and soon you will start walk parallel to the main road to reach the famous bridge of Plakida. From there you will follow a beautiful path inside a forest of beech and oak trees. You will walk down into the Vikos gorge again, and, after crossing the “Misiou” bridge, you will climb the old stairs of Vitsa to reach this traditional village, that it was built just at the edge of the gorge. Next destination: Monodendri. It is worth to visit the main square of the village and taste local pies with homemade wine.
Day 2 - Monodendri > Vikos
Elevation: Gain 699m, Loss 1011m
The day starts at Monodendri (Deepest gorge according to the Guinness book of world records). After crossing through the village you will find the entrance of the path (Monodendri steps) that is going us to the core of the gorge (1.5 km downhill elevation of 375 m). In the next 9 km you hike to different elevation rates in a wonderful place with big laminated stones. Always at the right side is the river of Vikos (Dry River) that in fact the most days of the year is dry. If you want you can go to visit the springs of Voidomatis River that came from underground. After that you continue in the same path that goes to village of Vikos. Transfer to Megalo Papigo village and overnight in guest room or hotel. Don’t forget at the afternoon to walk through the narrow streets of village.
Day 3 Papigo > Natural Pools
Transfer to the point where we started the first day.
The hike on the 3rd day starts walking the scenic route to Mikro Papigo where it is popular for its caves that were inhabited in Neolithic times. You continue uphill to reach the red Lithari which is between towers of Astraka and the Gorge of Vikos with stunning views of the Albanian mountains. The return is from the same way crossing the most beautiful village of the 14th century Mikro Papigo where you will stop for lunch. After exploring the village, you will continue to gorge Rogovou (natural pools), a small canyon with cold running water formed pools - a great place for a relaxing bath.Activity requirements
Please note that this itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the tour leader, according to local and weather conditions.Special terms
SGL / Supplement: 30.0 € / Person
H/B Supplement: 30.0 € / Person ( 2 Dinners)
F/B Supplement: 50.0 € / Person ( 2 Dinners and 2 Lunches)
Recommended Gear List:
Please try to travel as light as possible; remember that you must carry everything you bring on all the days' walk.
* Small, comfortable rucksack (30-40 litres) with padded straps and waist belt, internal frame preferred; waterproof liner recommended to keep clothing, etc. dry inside.
* Sturdy, worn in trekking shoes
* Good waterproof top with hood
* Warm clothes, both for windy / cold daytime conditions and for the cool evenings (fleece tops or similar)
* Shorts and long trousers for walking, preferably quick-drying material (cotton or polycotton not denim)
* Sweatshirts or T-shirts for walking, at least one with long sleeves and collar (against sun-burn)
* Sunglasses, towel, sun hat or cap, sun block
* Water bottle
* Wash bag and simple first aid kit (plasters or blister kit, aspirin or similar, antiseptic)
* Photographers: bring your cameras
* Torch (head torch if you have one)
* Walking sticks
- 2 o/n on 3 star hotels or traditional guest houses ( B/B)
- The rates are per person sharing dl / twin
- Personal expenses
- Drinks and beverages