Windzone offer kite lessons for beginners or advanced kiters. You can choose either a private course or a group course. The instructors of Windzone are known for being very friendly while focusing on the quality of the courses. Usually the courses last either 2 hours for the private, either 3 hours in small groups. As it is very challenging to take your first steps kite boarding, the group courses cannot be of more than two people for the quality of the course would be affected.
Psalidi is one of the most famous beaches for windsurfing in Kos island. the beach is mostly sandy and pebbly at some points. The most important thing is that the wind blows almost every day making it the perfect spot to go kitesurfing. Near the main beach the water is quite shallow at some points which makes it ideal for beginners to learn how to use the kite.
What will you learn (IKO courses) :
- You will be able to see the wind contitions and find safe spot for kiting
- You will go flying a trainer kite
- You will learn the wind window
- You will learn how to use the safety system
- You will go flying hooked a`4 line kite
- You will learn the international communication signals
- You will be able to enter and exit the water independently
- Water relanch
- You will perform your first body drag downwind
- You will be able to body drag upwind with one hand
- You will be able to body drag with the board
- You will learn the safety rules and the theory for water start
- You will put the board on the feet and the correct position for the water start
Usually it takes you 9 to 12 hours to reach the Level Two depending on the person. Per day you can have a two hours private or a three hours group lesson. Depending on your needs and expectations you can arrange the hours of the private courses with the instructors and you can either split them in one day or in different days.