- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, German, Greek
- Duration30 min
- Opening seasons:
The "Flying Wheelchair" is a project run by Olympic Wings that offers the tandem paragliding experience to people with mobility problems. A great way to feel like flying over the mountain of Gods, the famous Mount Olympus.
Olympic Wings is the only paragliding school in Greece and one of the few in Europe to offer paragliding flights on a wheelchair. A fun and safe experience that you can enjoy while in Greece.
The pilots of Olympic Wings have more than 20 years flying experience in the area of Olympus. They have performed numerous paragliding flights and can ensure your safety while giving you the insights of a local.
The take-off point is on the mountain of Olympus, from an altitude of 600m. to 1300m. You will have the chance to see the breathtaking views of Mount Olympus with the highest peak of Mytikas at 2.918m. You will also see the picturesque village of Palaios Panteleimonas, the valley in between the mountain of Olympus and the Aegean sea, and the long coastline of Leptokaria, Katerini, Platamonas. You will be landing on the beach, besides the famous castle of Platamonas. A medieval castle on the hill that was used as fortress in the past.
A paragliding flight on a wheelchair that you will simply adore!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- Meeting at the centre and briefing on the activity
- Take off at 600m. and landing on the beach next to Platamonas castle
- Don't forget your beachwear if you wish to swim after the flight
- Flight duration : 20-30 minutes depending on the wind
- All necessary equipment
- Photos and GoPro video
- Sporty clothes