- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Greek
- Duration7 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Explore the ancient island of Delos with a sailing cruise departing from Mykonos. A must-do while in Mykonos to visit the archaeological site of Delos, the ancient city with the magnificent statues that today is uninhabited. Explore the magical coves and beaches of Rhenia island and Delos and dive from the yacht to crystal clear turquoise waters.
A magnificent sailing yacht cruise leaving from Agios Ioannis in Mykonos towards Rhenia island and Delos. During the 7 hours sailing you will have the chance to learn the basic skills of sailing, sail the boat, or simply enjoy the sun on the deck. At noon, enjoy a home made lunch on board and get ready for a guided tour in Delos island and its archaeological site.
An amazing sailing cruise to explore Mykonos, Delos and Rhenia. Deffinitely a must do for everyone who wishes to combine swimming in stunning beaches, sailing and of course exploring Mykonos and Delos.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Explore the ancient island and archaeological site of Delos with a sailing cruise departing from Mykonos. A must-do while in Mykonos.
Explore the magical coves and secluded beaches of the uninhabited Rhenia island and dive from the yacht to crystal clear turquoise waters.
A magnificent sailing yacht cruise leaving from Agios Ioannis in Mykonos towards Rhenia island and Delos.
During the 7 hours sailing you will have the chance to experience yourself some basics skills of sailing, swim and snorkel, or simply relax and enjoy the sun on the deck or on the gold sandy beach.
At noon, enjoy a homemade light lunch on board and get ready for a guided tour in Delos island and its archaeological site.
An amazing sailing day cruise for everyone!Itinerary
You will be picked up from your hotel to reach the embarkation point at Agios Ioannis (St. Ioannis). You will be warmly welcomed by one of the cruise representatives and get an overview of the cruise itinerary. A short tender ride will follow from the small dock in order to embark the sailing yacht anchored out in Agios Ioannis bay.
Once an overview of the sailing yacht and important safety information are introduced by the crew, at 09:30 am you will set sail heading to Rhenia & Delos islands, the center of the Cyclades and located few miles south-west of Mykonos.
You will sail off and the crew will show you how to raise and trim the sails as well as to steer the yacht, weather permitting. Gaze out at the beautiful scenery and the remarkable crystal blue water of the Aegean Sea, chilling out to the tunes of your choice and relaxing as you sunbathe on deck.
After approximately 1 hour sailing, you will arrive at the untouched island of Rhenia, separated from the sacred island of Delos by just a small strait. Dropped anchor in the idyllic bay surrounded by crystal clear turquoise waters and with gold sandy beach, you will enjoy swimming and snorkeling.
Light lunch on board will be ready. It is specially made Italian pasta with Greek flavored dressing instantly cooked on board, Greek salad, and juicy seasonal fruits. A selection of complimentary house wine and soft drinks are also offered.
After approximately 2 hours spent in the untouched islet of Rhenia, the next stop is Delos Island, one of the most important archaeological sites of Greek history. You will spend about 1½ to 2 hours with a professional English speaking guide exploring the UNESCO-listed Island of Delos, visiting the museum, walking up Mount Kynthos (367 feet high) and admiring the staggering array of ancient ruins. According to mythology, Delos is the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, and the sanctuary to both gods serves as the center of a large Hellenistic city of about 30.000 inhabitants.
At 03:30 pm you will sail back to Agios Ioannis bay. Arrival is scheduled by 04:30 pm.
The crew will help you disembark by a short tender ride to the small dock in front of the Church of Agios Ioannis where transportation will be waiting for you. You will say goodbye in the Greek way with a farewell drink toast.Activity requirements
• All passengers must provide their passport details (full name, passport number, nationality and date of birth) upon reservation as requested by Mykonos Port Authorities. If not received the booking will not be considered confirmed and passengers will not be allowed to embark.
• Closed non-slip shoes (deck shoes/sports shoes) are an optional idea for comfort and safety on board and recommended as second pair for exploring the site of Delos on foot. No high-heeled shoes allowed on the yacht.
•Advisable is to bring your swimsuit, a sun hat, sunglasses, beach towels and plenty of sunscreen. You must bring a windproof jacket, warm and spare clothes especially in case of winds or cool months in early or late season (April to May & September to October).
• In case of stomach sensibility, we advise you to have a conservative breakfast consisted of dry food and not so much liquids (i.e. avoid orange juice). Motion sickness medication is not provided on board.
• For passengers who disembark at the archaeological site of Delos, and in respect to the sacred site, the dress code must be moderate wearing walk shorts, pants, and t-shirts. The entrance to the site is not allowed by wearing only swimsuit or skimpy clothes. It is also highly recommended to wear a sun hat, sunglasses, plenty of sunscreen and long sleeves due to the strong sunlight reflected on the ruins of Delos. Water is provided before disembarkation for the guided tour.
•Good health is necessary to take part in the sailing cruises. Cases of pregnancy, mobility and health issues must be advised before reservation and are subject to reconfirmation so to assure a safe participation of the passenger on cruise.
• Children aged under 2 are complimentary.Special terms
•Pick-up and drop-off shared shuttle service is included on all regular sailing programs organized by Sunfos Alessia Yachting. The pick-up time and point are arranged according to the location of your accommodation. It is a shared transportation with timetable scheduled and if missed, you will need to contact us, so we can inform you of the exact embarkation point to reach by your own means.
The embarkation time of this cruise is at 08:45 am and the departure time is at 09:30 am.
*At the embarkation point the participants will be able to recognize one of the cruise representatives and crew by their t-shirt or sign saying 'Sunfos Alessia Yachting'.
•Mykonos is nicknamed “Island of Winds”. The Cyclades - the complex of islands where Mykonos belongs to - have been geographically shaped from the phenomenon of wind called “Meltemi”. Occasionally during the season there might not be enough wind or the convenient wind direction to set sails and only in such cases, the sailing route will be motorized.
Check out the superior yacht option here! --> http://bit.ly/2LV8uHs
- Licensed English Speaking Guide at the archaeological site of Delos (approx. 1½ hr disposal)
- Light lunch cooked on board
- Farewell drink
- Shared Pick up/Drop off
- Complimentary white house wine, soft drinks, water and instant coffee/tea
- Entrance fees at the archaeological site of Delos (Euro 12,00 per person payable by cash on site)
- A selection of extra beverages is available on board on additional charge
- Beach towels
- Gratuities at your discretion
- Closed non-slip shoes (deck shoes/sports shoes)
- Sun hat
- Sunglasses and Windproof Jacket