- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesFrench, English, German
- Duration1 hr
- Opening seasons:
Akureyri in the Northeastern Region of Iceland is the perfect spot for you to experience, wild and free, the amazing feeling of being pulled by dogs while riding a sled!
Inspiration Iceland welcomes you to Akureyri in the beautiful North of Iceland just below the polar circle. This amazing coastal town is an outdoor enthusiast paradise all year long. During winter, you'll experience the amazing phenomena known as midnight sun and in winter the dancing Northern Lights will captivate your eyes.
If you've always had the dream of experiencing life like the Eskimos or to enjoy the thrill of sliding through snowy landscapes on a dogsled, Inspiration Iceland can make it happen. Dogsledding is the perfect way to experience the winter wonderland panoramas that Iceland has to offer.
During this adventure, you'll be able to take control of the sled while being supervised by one of the center's professional guides. This way, you don't only ride the dogsled, but you actually have a hands-on experience!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
All minors must have authorization from their parents.Special terms
The specific meeting time and the hotel pick-up will be arranged after booking.
Please mind that the specific meeting times vary depending on the season and weather:
- Until 15 December - 10:00
- 16 December - 15 January - 10:30
- 16 January - 30 January - 10:00
- 1 February - 15 February - 9:00
- 16 February - 28 February - 8:30
- 1 March - 30 April - 8:00
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pick-up (only in the town of Akureyri)
- Warm clothes
- Bottled water and snacks