- Sport levelExpert
- Spoken languagesIcelandic, English
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Go big, or go home. This is an epic day of heli-biking in geothermal volcano area!
You'll fly out of Reykjavik, over a steamy geothermal region, and touch down on the Hengill volcano peak. Far away from population, you'll descend an ever-changing single track, pausing only to take in the majesty of this remarkable area.
As the afternoon continues, the superjeep will give you a bump up to the Edge lava trail for a final technical and flowy traverse back to Reykjavik where you'll have a local beer and a burger.
This is an unforgettable trip suited to experienced mountain bike riders.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
This activity is available every Friday and Saturday from 12th May to 1st September.Special terms
Will it be cold?
Again, its tough to predict. Summer months are typically 5-10C overnight and 10-20 C during the day, but this is just a rough guide. In the mountains, the weather is even harder to predict. Pack for a variety of conditions and bring layers, keeping in mind that Iceland has very little shelter in the backcountry (e.g. trees, huts etc.). You will receive a detailed kit list with practical information when you book the activity.
- 20 min+ helicopter flight
- Bike guide and Superjeep with driver
- Quality full-suspension mountain bike
- Helmet and flat pedals (can be swapped out if you bring your own)
- Pick-up and drop-off in Reykjavík area
- Refreshments mid-ride (sandwich/drinks)
- Burger and local beer after the ride at the team's favourite café
- Comfortable clothing adapted to the weather conditions