- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Italian
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
Tresenta is a great pyramid-shaped mountain in the heart of the Gran Paradiso National Park. The conquest of its summit offers a boundless panorama. The climb is suitable for beginners.
The Tresenta is the easiest among the peaks of the Gran Paradiso group. Highly recognizable for its pyramidal shape, it stands next to what remains of the Montcorvè glacier, between Ciarforon and the Colle del Gran Paradiso. Its ridge is now reduced to stony ground and on the top there is a cross.
From the parking lot in Pont Valsavaranche (1,960 m), you'll follow the forest road that crosses the bridge over the Savare stream and head into the valley. A little further on, you'll take on the left the trail for Vittorio Emanuele I hut, that with numerous hairpin bends climbs the steep woods. Higher up you'll come out of the woods and heading east you'll cover the large moraine, beyond which the view stretches to the north face of Ciarforon (3,642 m) and Becca di Monciair (3,544 m). The hike to reach the Vittorio Emanuele hut (2,775 m) is quite short.
Drop: 815 metres
Ascent time: 2 hours
Meeting point: meeting in Pont Valsavarenche for equipment check and a short briefing.
From the hut you'll go along the moraine until you reach the plateau above. Following several cairns, you'll arrive at the Moncorvé glacier and cross it to reach the obvious shoulder, which depending on the season, can be rocky or a steep snowy slope (40°). You'll go along it up to the summit (3,609 m). For the descent, you'll follow the same route.
Drop: 830 metres
Ascent/descent time: 7-9 hours
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
Please note the tariff varies depending on the number of people booking:
- 1 person: €550 pp.
- 2 people: €280 pp.
- 3 people: €195 pp.
- 4 people: €160 pp.
- 5 people: €140 pp.
- Vanity bag (toothbrush and toothpaste, paper tissues, wet wipes)
- Energy bars or dried fruit/nuts
- Water bottle (1 l min) or thermos
- Climbing helmet
- Sunscreen (at least SPF 30) and UV protection lip balm
- Personal first aid kit
- Headlamp (with new batteries plus spares as backup)
- Standard crampons with anti-balling plates
- Sleeping bag (mandatory in mountain huts)
- Mineral salts
- Mountaineering boots
- Backpack 30 l
- Wool cap/beanie or fleece-lined hat
- Hiking socks (2 pairs)
- Sun hat
- Wicking turtleneck (2nd layer)
- Light backup gloves, 1 pair
- Heavy insulated gloves 1 pair
- Insulating garment made of Windstopper® or Primaloft® (3rd layer)
- Mountaineering/glacier sunglasses
- Shoeller climbing pants
- Down jacket (optional)
- Breathable T-shirt (1st layer) 2x
It is crucial that participants follow all instructions provided by the mountain guides before and during the activities, and that they accept any changes made to the programme in order to guarantee their safety.
Fees for lift facilities, transfers and mountain lodges are subject to changes established and applied by they respective owners. without any liability attributable to PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides.
The rates listed in the “The rate does not include” section are to be considered merely indicative and are therefore subject to changes.
PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides reserves the right to change any route or activity programme based on conditions (weather, accessibility, refuge) and participants’ fitness level.
The dates indicated for the activities may change due to weather, snow, or soil conditions, etc. In addition, they depend on the date of opening / closing of the lift facilities, which are established seasonally/yearly by the managing entities of the same and, therefore, are not in any way attributable to PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides.
- Expert guide
- Liability insurance
- Loan of shared safety material
- Research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €5 per person for 3 days
- Hiring any personal equipment (harness, ice axe, crampons and helmet): €15 per person while supplies last
- The mountain guide’s expenses (transfers, meals and accommodation) to be covered by participants
- Half-board at Vittorio Emanuele hut: €35,20 to €45,20 per person in a dorm; €41,20 to €51,20 per person in 4/5 beds rooms. Beverages are not included.
- Please check special terms