- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesEnglish, Italian
- Durationfull day
- Opening seasons:
Descent in deep powder along the suggestive channels of the Tonale Pass in the Brenta Dolomites with an experienced mountain guide! Skiing at 3000 mts is pure adrenaline!
The Tonale Pass is an incredible spot for backcountry skiing, as it is part of the Adamello Ski resort. The stupendous natural amphitheater opens uncountable freeride descents for any taste: gentle and sunny valleys, steep intimidating canyons surrounded by stiff mountain peaks! North and south exposed mountain faces will be preferred in order to find the best snow! A lift going up to Cima Presena on a glacier at 3069 mt brings with ease to the top of the world!
Jacopo is a passionate mountain guide that will accompany you during the day putting his experience and knowledge at your service, to guarantee your safety and fun! Spending a day with a mountain guide not only means learning new small techniques and secret spots, but also be sure to do the activity that best fits your level and goals.
What experience do I need? This could be your first backcountry skiing experience: being confident on groomed slopes and some fresh snow experience are sufficient.
Jacopo will choose with you the best routes to fit your level and goals among a wide choice of routes near the ski slopes or further away. For routes far from the slopes it is required to have a good control of backcountry snowboarding techniques since slope can go up to 45°/50°.
Among the classic descends in the Tonale Pass and Adamello Ski:
- La Sgualdrina: A vast plain with many descent opportunities. Total height difference: 900mt
- Il Cantiere: among the most famous freeride descents in the area of medium difficulty, it crosses the upper part of the Presena valley. Total height difference: 1100mt
- Dito: a north exposed steep channel for advanced skiers with slopes up to 40°. Total height difference: 1200mts.
- Pericle: a north exposed steep channel for advanced skiers with steep slopes
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Spend an incredible backcountry skiing adventure with Jacopo, a professional mountain guide, in the Tonale Pass in the ski domain of Adamello Ski. Ski gear is not included: remember to bring your own.
Min Participants: 2
Average activity duration: 8 hours
What will I see? During the day you will enjoy incredible views on the Adamello glacier and countless mountain peaks pver 3000 meters high. The landscapes reaching vertiginous 3000 mt become suggestively lunar.
What experience do I need? This could be your first backcountry skiing experience: being confident on groomed slopes and first freeride experiences are sufficient.
What will I learn? Backcountry descending techniques, basic usage of Artva probe and shovel, reading the mountains and the snow to prevent the risk of avalanches and choosing the right routes.
What's the schedule for the day:
- Meet Jacopo at the ski lift at the Paradise skilift
- Prepare the plan for the day: the itinerary may vary depending on the snow conditions
- Explore the ski domain of the Tonale Pass
- Relax and enjoy a beer, a glass of wine in a ski lodge
In case of bad weather, Jacopo would propose you different alternatives:
- Reschedule to another day that suits you
- Safety course on the correct usage of Artva, probe and shovel in the mountain
Prices vary depending on group size:
- 1 person: 270,00 €/person
- 2 people: 150,00 €/person
- 3 people: 140,00 €/person
- 4-6 people: 90,00 €/person
- Mountain Guide
- Photos & Videos
- Food & beverages
- Ski equipment
- Underwear change
- Artva or Airbag backpack
- Ski gear and equipment