- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesItalian, English, French
- Duration2 hrs
- Opening seasons:
Discover kitesurfing with an IKO certified school and instructors at the beautiful spot of Punta Pellaro in Reggio Calabria, Italy.
This experience will give you a taste of what the world of kitesurfing really is. The instructors can help you go from a beginner to the point of where you’re flying and steering a kite.
The lesson is the first of you becoming a kitesurfing junkie!
Depending on your level and progression, you may be able to go in the water and start body dragging without the board (initially). This is only for kiters who progress quickly and show a certain amount of autonomy and ease with the techniques practiced.
The school disposes of a large area on the beach dedicated to the pratice of kitesurfing – you won’t find any obstacles or hindrances here. All practice will take place in the water near the coast however, this water is not shallow – you’ll be exposed to realistic conditions right from the get-go.
The wind here blows from side to onshore – ideal for beginners looking to get comfortable with kitesurfing.
All the equipment used is top of the range gear by Cabrinhna that is renewed every year to ensure you learn in optimum conditions.
NewKiteZone has a changing rooms, toilets (toilets for people with disabilities) and showers.
There is an area dedicated to equipment prepping, providing you with the space to get ready in peace.
The school is open every day the wind is blowing and the sun is out. The off-peak season is from October to May, during this period you will get a 10% discount on all the prices!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- After your arrival at the kitesurfing school you will be introduced to your instructor who will present the equipment you’ll be using and explain how you should choose your spot: water and wind analysis
- You will then learn how to prepare your kitesurfing gear
- You will then start the practice with a trainer kite – a trainer kite has short lines and therefore is not as powerful as a ‘real’ kite
- You’ll then have a brief about the safety procedures
- You’re now ready for your next lesson where you will be able to go into the water!
Minimum age: 16 years
All participants under 18 must provide written parental consent.
All participants must know how to swim autonomously.
You must provide a medical certificate from your doctor dated within the last 3 months stating that you are allowed to practice this activity.Special terms
The lessons normally take place between 10am and 7pm, depending on the wind conditions.
Please contact New Kite Zone a few days before your lesson to confirm your meeting time.
If your accommodation is not too far from the kitesurfing school then they may be able organise a free transportation, however, this would need to be confirmed with them.
Peak price: €75 pp.
Off-peak price: €68 pp.
- All necessary kitesurfing gear
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Bottled water & dry snacks