- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
The Start Sailing package gives complete novices or participants with little previous experience an in depth introduction to windsurfing. Using beginner equipment, easy to handle and very forgiving sailing dinghies, you will learn all the basic sailing techniques.
The experienced and friendly instructors will teach you all the basic sailing techniques. The course takes place in the shallow and sheltered beach location in Mellieha, which is an ideal learning environment for those new to the this amazing water activity. The team's outlook on sailing is that it should be a fun activity in a relaxed, chilled and safe environment so that everyone can enjoy the beautiful Maltese Sea. Photos and a video of is included with the session and will be emailed to you.
Modern kit, experienced tuition and waist deep clear Maltese water makes Mellieha Bay the place to learn on the island.
Start Sailing Package:
- Excellent for complete beginners - the team trains everyone from young grommets to senior card holders!
- Master the basics of how to control and steer a sailing dinghy.
- Run by experienced and relaxed instructors following widely recognised methods.
- All gear is provided, including wetsuits in colder months, Maltese waters don’t get much colder than 15 degrees Celsius.
- Safety boat cover is available for throughout lessons.
- Photos and a video of you sailing.
- Changing rooms, showers,parking and cafe available on location.
- Transfers from specific pick up points on the island. (return not included)
The course includes around 12 Hours of training usually spread over 2 days or equivalent sessions including practice time & equipment hire, wetsuit hire, as well as one way transfers from specific pick up points on the island.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
- How to sail in all directions
- Crewing and helming
- Awareness of launching and recovery
At the end of the course you will be able to sail in light winds to a chosen point and return to where you started. Those that have reached a certain level of competency will receive a certificate and will be able to rent sailing equipment under supervision.
To next step after this course to progress your sailing abilities and get out on the sea would be the Intermediate sailing package.
- Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment rental
- Old shoes you don’t mind getting wet
- Sunblock and towel
- Bottled water and snacks