- Sport levelIntermediate
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration2-3 days
- Opening seasons:
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water.
This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- Plus three more Adventure Dives of your choice from 15 different types of Adventure Dives to complete your course
You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, night diving, diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy and much more. Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
Diveshack Scuba School is based in Qui-Si-Sana Seafront in the popular central location of Sliema, Malta, close to the Maltese capital Valletta.
The Maltese Islands of Malta, Gozo and Comino are located in the heart if the Mediterranean Sea approximately 100 km (60 miles) south of the Italian island of Sicily. Other close neighbours are Libya and Tunisia and in fact Malta is slightly south of Tunis. Flights from northern Europe take about 3 hours and the trip by ferry from Sicily takes around 90 minutes.
The Maltese Islands are well known for being one of the top diving destinations in the world. Diveshack Scuba School offers accompanied diving 365 days a year to all the best sites around Malta, Gozo and Comino both from shore and boat. They are especially well known for wreck diving with sites ranging from 12m such as the famous HMS Maori to the deeper sites such as Le Polynesian with depths ranging from 53 to 70m for the suitably qualified. They have their own house reef just over the road from the centre, ideal for refreshing skills if you have been out of the water for some time.
All this backed up by a team of dedicated instructors and guides knowledgeable and passionate about diving. Quality, service and safety are the main objectives. Relax, just sit back and let the expert team do all the work while you enjoy the diving paradise that is Malta.
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 4 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 4 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, is considered last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
Please note you are not allowed to fly for up to 24 hours after your last dive.
- All necessary scuba diving gear
- Expert instructor
- Swimming costume/shorts
- Bottled water and snacks