- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration1.5 hr
- Opening seasons:
This taster lesson is an excellent introduction to the awesome sport of stand up paddling.
The SUP lesson covers:
- Prone paddling (lying on stomach) and when to use this technique
- Paddling on knees with the paddle
- Stance and positioning on the board.
- Balancing on the board
- How to fall safely into the water.
- How to safely get back on the board
The lesson will take place on flat water, which will allow you to progress and start paddling quickly.
SUP & yoga lesson
If you're looking for a new challenge to work all your muscle symmetrically and benefits from renowned yoga techniques then stand-Up Paddle-board Yoga is for you!
Easier than it sounds SUP Yoga is a yoga routine practised whilst balancing on a large stand-up paddle-board or surfboard. Since the platform is unstable it brings into play more core muscles and focus/concentration than you would normally use in a normal land-based yoga routine.
The Yoga instructor offers sunset stand up paddle yoga at one of Malta’s most mesmerizing locations northern Malta, where the most spectacular views and clearest waters can be found.
Your instructor always take the weather conditions in to consideration to ensure you experience the best conditions for your stand up paddle outing.
The lessons include all specialised equipment including buoyancy aids (which are a must) and safety cover. Your safety is top priority at all times!
→ You are automatically refunded for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% refund
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No refund will be made
Hangloose is situated in Newquay Mellieha Bay, part of the Mellieha Bay complex, but if conditions are better elsewhere, your instructor may need decide to have the lesson further afield.
If you have a special preference for the location please discuss this with directly with your instructor.
- Wetsuit, buoyancy aid and equipment rental
- Old shoes you don’t mind getting wet
- Sunblock and towel
- Bottled water and snacks