This 7 hour activity will take you rafting in one of the world’s most spectacular rivers in the world: Tampaon River (class III). This canyon is the 5th part of the Santa Maria system and it feeds the Tamul Waterfall.
You’ll be surrounded by incredible views of limestone rocks and strange rock formations in one of the most scenic rivers in Mexico, ranked in the top 10 most beautiful rivers in the world.
Note:July to October the river may overflow and the activity can’t be done, but you can still raft in the Micos River (class II) or Meco River (class III).
White-water class II Rivers may be rough but have small drops. A class III river usually has medium waves with 3-5ft drops but not much considerable danger.
· Pick up participants at the hotel
· Arrival at Tanchachin Village
· Hiking to Tampaon River
· Quick briefing about rafting and the 4 international principals of rafting
· You will receive the equipment for the activity
· The guides will help you get ready
· After the introductory talk, you’ll enter the river where the guide will tell you about the commands to be used on the raft and practice to coordinate the rowing
· Navigation into the canyon where the rapids section begins
· Arrival to Puente de Dios of Tampaon River, you’ll hike to cross the river and then go back to the raft.
· Final section of calm waters
· Exciting the canyon
· End of rafting
· Arrival to hotel
Note: All itineraries are subjected to change due to weather conditions and transportation times may vary depending on traffic and/or other causes.
Participants must be staying in Ciudad Valles in order to get picked up by the guides. In contrary cases, you must consult directly with the provider to agree on a meeting point & hour.Activity requirements
All participants must bring:
· Water shoes, shoes that can get wet, adjustable sandals
· Sportswear – the use of denim is not allowed.
· Swimming suit and water shirt
· Cap (optional)
· Sunscreen lotion (it must be biodegradable)
· Insect repellent
· Small backpack
· Change of clothes
Note: the use of flip flops or crocs are forbidden for this activitiesSpecial terms
· All activities are subjected to change due to weather conditions
· The trip includes insurance, however, participants must fill in a form before the trip, this will be taken care of directly with the provider
· This trip is NOT suitable for people with spinal problems, heart conditions, overweight, pregnant women, people with recent operations (less than 3 months), people with disabilities.
· People who suffer from asthma must present a medical certificate allowing you to fulfil the activities and bring your medication.
· All participants must be at least 8 years old for the rafting and abseiling activities.
· People that require a vegetarian menu or those who are allergic to any type of food must tell the provider before the trip.