- Sport levelAdvanced
- Spoken languagesSpanish, English, French
- Duration40 min
- Opening seasons:
Who has never dreamt of coming across one of those sharks during a dive? Well, with Phocea Mexico you can get up-close and personal with them every year, from November to March!
During the season, Phocea Mexico organises scuba dives every day, at the beginning of the afternoon so you can closely admire these spectacular creatures.
This dive is set on a sandy bottom around 65 feet deep, where you just have to wait a few minutes to see them appearing. As they are very curious animals, they will certainly approach you at less than 6 feet.
The Bull Shark or Zambezi Shark does not grow longer than 12 feet. Its back is grey or olive brown, the extremity of its fins are a little bit darker and its belly is off-white. It holds its name because of its massive, squat, heavy and strong appearance and its flattened and short snout.
→ You are automatically reimbursed for the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 48 and 96 hours prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 48 hours or later are what we call last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
- You'll meet at the centre at 12pm, where you will have a detailed briefing about the safety rules of this dive; what to do and what not, etc.
- Then you'll take a boat from the beach to the spot where sharks are (5 minute boat ride)
- You'll walk into the water and down to a depth of 20 metres or so - here you'll find the bull sharks. They will start to approach and then circle you out of curiosity.
All participants will need to do 1 dive with Phocea, enabling your instructor to evaluate your scuba diving level.
All participants must be certified divers.Special terms
Please note you are not allowed to fly for up to 24 hours after your last dive.
- All necessary scuba diving gear
- Bottled water and snacks