- Sport levelBeginner
- Spoken languagesEnglish
- Duration> 1 week
- Opening seasons:
The Kailash Trek via Simikot Humla is a 23 day long trip filled with a spirit of adventure that begins in Kathmandu. The holy peak Mount Kailash (Kangrinpoche) situated at the western part of Tibet has been considered sacred by Buddhists and Hindus for thousands of year!
For the Hindus and Buddhists this mountain is the center of the Universe. In their faith, a pilgrimage to the mountain and around is a supreme goal. In the ancient Bon religion of Tibet, Kailash was the sacred nine story Swastika Mountain, upon which the Banpo founder Shenrab descended from heaven. The 53 km Kailash circuit is one of the most important Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimages and draws many travelers to western Tibet.
Your trek will start with a flight to Nepalgunj from the capital city, from there you will take another flight to Simikot. The next day you will begin your first trekking through this amazing region till reaching Hilsa after some days of walking. The Mt. Kailash Kora starts at the village of Darchen which opens up unending barren land, lush green valleys, snow capped peaks and pristine blue lakes at the base of the Kailash massif.
The average altitude of this trekking is nearly 5,000m, so it is a great challenge and requires strong perseverance, it is a true test of the mind and spirit. Simple accommodation and food are available on the trail, so hikers can enjoy the trek to their heart’s content. It is said that a single Parikarma erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime.
During this journey, you'll understand why for Hindus and Buddihsts, traveling for weeks feels like approaching the center of the universe. You will go through the famous Doma La Pass, which is about 5600 meters above sea level. Mt. Kailash has been revered as the source of four of the great rivers of Asia, fed by the waters of nearby holy Lake Manasarovar.
The highlight of our Kailash Trek via Simikot Humla is the trekking route itself, which is about 54km. Normally adventurers trek the Kailash region during summer, the best time to go there.
If you want to discover the center of the universe, join Sunny Travels & Tours and let this adventure change your life!
→ You are automatically reimbursed the full activity price
2) Cancellation between 30 and 10 days prior to the agreed activity starting date
→ You are entitled to a 50% reimbursement
3) 10 days or later, prior to the agreed activity starting date, are considered last-minute cancellations
→ No reimbursements will be effected
This 23 day hiking trip is only available from May 25 to June 20.Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1300m)
- Day 02: Free day Chinese visa preparation
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj (560m) from Kathmandu 1 hrs.
- Day 04: Fly to Simikot (2950m) 45m. free in Simikot
- Day 05: Trek to Darapori (2600m) 3-4 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Salli Khola (2750m) 7-8 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Tumkot (3150m) 8-9 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Thadodunga (3950m) 9-10 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Hilsa and drive to Purang (3800m) 6-7 hrs.
- Day 10: Drive to Thugo Manasarovar Lake (4580m) 3 hrs.
- Day 11: Afternoon drive to Darboche(4660m) 1-1.5 hrs.
- Day 12: Saga Dawa fullmoon Festival of Budha birth and enlightenment
- Day 13: Trek to Diraphuk (4800m) 6-7 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Zuthulphuk (4850m) 8-10 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Darchen & drive to Purang and to Hilsa
- Day 16: Trek to Halzi 8-9 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Zang 2-3 hrs hrs, hot-spring.
- Day 18: Trek to Talung
- Day 19: Trek to Chukrangma
- Day 20: Trek to kermi
- Day 21: Trek to Simikot
- Day 22: Flight to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu
- Day 23: Flight back home
This is expedition does not require a specific level of fitness. Anybody can join if they are sufficiently fit and have strong willpower. People suffering from cardiac or respiratory problems should consult their doctor. Morning and evening walks, jogging, stretching, meditation and regular exercise make the journey comfortable for all.
As the temperature varies greatly between day and night (from max. 20 degrees Celsius to min. -16 degrees Celsius) one should prepare accordingly. These are the items you should bring with you:
- Woolen gloves
- Thermal wear
- Water bottle
- Woolen socks
- Light jacket
- Sun cream
- Torch with extra batteries/bulbs
- Trekking shoes
Full travel insurance coverage for medicine, helicopter evacuation if in case of emergency, lost of belongs, and trip cancellation is strongly recommended
You must book 30 days in advance to arrange visa approval and travel permit issue.
For Chinese visa applications you must send your original passport and 2 pp sizes photos to Sunny Travels 1 week before arrival, please get in touch with them after booking.reach our office in Delhi.
It is illegal to take 500 and 1000 notes from India to Nepal, they can be confiscated at airport.
- Arrival and departure transfer
- Accommodation in shared double room in 4 stars hotel in Kathmandu
- Accommodation in shared double room in Simikot
- Airfare to Simikot
- All entry, travel & permit fees
- Yak and Yak man for Kailash Parikrama Luggage only
- Accommodation in shared double room in guesthouse
- Personal expenses
- Rescue & emergency cost
- Tips for supporting staffs
- Please consult list in description